Forest Raised Pork
Our pork is unique. Fed on milk & whey from our farmhouse creamery and finished on sweet potatoes and seasonal acorns, Foggy Knob Farm’s Forest Raised Pork will be the best pork you’ve ever had!
From the rosy pink, not-too-greasy sausages to the juicy pork chops, the flavor is like no other.
THIS is Real Food! With Foggy Knob Farm Forest Raised pork sausage, you can enjoy biscuits and gravy without all the unhealthy additives that make you feel terrible and for no more than the cost of a breakfast biscuit value meal at your favorite fast food restaurant!
In fact, our pork is so good, you won’t even have to check with your husband. He’ll be praising your grocery shopping & food budgeting skills while he munches on the Foggy Knob Farm bacon you made for breakfast. And he never has to know he’s boosting his Vitamin D and Omega 3 fatty acids, will he? That’ll just be between us girls.
Are you thinking you couldn't possibly have room in your kitchen for all that pork? Think again! A quarter share of Foggy Knob Farm Forest Raised Pork takes up the space of two milk crates, an easy squeeze into most home refrigerator freezers.
Imagine. All that delicious & nutritious pork in your freezer, ready for a leisurely Saturday morning breakfast. And no tiring, last minute stops at the grocery store, because, you've got pork in the freezer at home!
Oh, but pork is so unhealthy! Not so! At least not our pork. Forest raised pork is rich in B vitamins, has a great Omega 3/Omega 6 balance, and has fat high in Vitamin D (so you can skip the harmful D3 supplements!) In fact, fat from pigs raised outdoors with access to solar rays is one of the few great sources of dietary Vitamin D.
Here's what you get when you buy 1/4 of a Foggy Knob Farm Pig*
- 8-10 1" thick Pork Chops
- 2 lb BBQ Ribs
- 1 7-9 lb Half Ham
- 1 3-4 lb Boston Butt Roast
- 1/2 Fresh Pork Belly for bacon
- 8-10 1 lb packs sausage
- Various oddments including hock, foot, lard for rendering, organs, bones for soups, and even a head for sous or scrapple, if you like.
Total cuts: Approximately 35-50 lbs* of premium cuts & oddments. The price per pound $7.50-8.50* for everything, including butchering. You can't eat out for that! Not to mention you'll actually know who produced your pork and what's in it.
*Note: These are estimates and will vary based on the final hanging weight of the pork you purchase and how you have it cut.
Purchase 1/4 or 1/2 Pig
Ready to purchase a quarter, half, or whole pig? Here's how it works....
- We reserve a 1/4 or 1/2 pig for you when your non-refundable deposit is paid.
- You pay us $5.00/lb for a half pig share, $5.50/lb for a quarter pig share. The per pound price is on the hanging or dressed weight. This is the weight of the carcass with the innards removed, like you see in pictures of butcher shops. We will contact you with the exact hanging weight after your pig has gone to the butcher. Our half pigs typically hang between 100-150 lbs with quarters typically 50-75 lbs.
- We will pay the butchering fee and bill you for it along with the price of your pork, less your deposit. Butchering fees include a kill fee of $13.75 for quarters and $17.50 for halves plus $.52/lb hanging weight.
- We will contact you when your pork is ready for pick up. We can meet you at the butcher, at the farm, or deliver for an additional fee.
We have a standard set of cuts we recommend (see above in What You Get) or you can let us know what you would like in cuts. Sausage flavors available are Hot or Mild Breakfast, Sweet Italian, or Chorizo.
Confused? Don't worry. We'll walk you through the process. Feel free to contact me at Kristin@FoggyKnobFarm.com with questions.
Ready to fill your freezer with your own Foggy Knob Farm Forest Raised Pork? Here's where you start...
Pork shares will be ready in late September.